Frequent questions around Dried Flowers
Dried Flowers have become popular because of the many benefits as an alternative to fresh blooms. A bespoke bouquet of environmentally friendly preserved flowers lasts for years instead of fresh flowers, which can last just over a week. Preserved flowers are the perfect choice for a wedding bouquet or a colourful arrangement to decorate your living room, bedroom or office space. A dried flower arrangement captures and preserves the beauty of nature and are very low maintenance. Our colourful collections may feature, for example:
- bleached ruscus;
- bleached helecho;
- stems of lagurus;
- cardus thistle;
- stems of wheat;
- fan palms
We have prepared a list of answers to frequent questions about dried flowers. People ask many questions with the increase in awareness about preserver flowers having a much lower environmental impact and a unique beauty. For example, some of the questions are like:
- Is there a particular meaning meaning behind dried flowers?
- Are dried flowers real?
- How long does a dried flower arrangement last?
- What are dried flowers used for?
- Is it bad luck to keep dried flowers?
We can start by answering this last question: It's not bad luck to keep or give dried flowers to someone!.
Answers to frequent questions about dried flower Arrangements
- What are dried and preserved flowers?
- How are the flowers dried or preserved?
- Are preserved flowers real flowers?
- Do you ever use fake flowers?
- Does a dried flower bouquet require special care?
- How long do preserved flowers last?
- Do dried & preserved flowers smell?
- Why are dried flowers sustainable?
- Can I order dried flower arrangements online?
- When will my order arrive?
- Do you ship dried flowers overseas?
- How are the dried flowers packaged?
- Do dried flowers have a special meaning?
- Can I place dried flowers outside?
- Do you offer same-day delivery for dried flowers?
- I’m seeking a dried flower arrangement as a gift. What would you recommend?
- I would like to purchase a dried flower bouquet as a gift. Can I add a card message?
- I am buying dried flowers as a gift. Will the receipt be in the box?
- Do you offer Wedding flowers?
- Do dried flowers give you hay fever?
- Do you have a Return policy?
What are dried and preserved flowers?
Dried and Preserved flowers are real. They have either been dried out to keep their original colour and shape or preserved in special products. that give the stems a different colour or keep its natural scent.
How are the flowers dried or preserved?
Dried Flowers are fresh cut flowers, which have been hung upside down for around a week in a warm room and dehydrated naturally. Generally, when they dry, they become a little brittle, but they often retain their shape and colour.
Preserved flowers are derived from real fresh cut flowers, which have been preserved using plant-based and natural products. These products help retain the flowers colour, shape and sometimes scent! They are still non-toxic and biodegradable.
Are preserved flowers real flowers?
Yes – both our Dried and Preserved flower collection are 100% real flowers. Our products are dried and preserved using special methods that allow them to last years, not days.
Do you ever use fake flowers?
Never – fake flowers are usually made from plastic and are therefore not beneficial for the environment. Amarante London prides itself on only using real flowers.
Does a dried flower bouquet require special care?
Dried Flower Bouquets can often look beautiful with little to no maintenance. Here are some tips on keeping them looking their best for the longest time:
- Do not water. Any water/humidity can cause dried flower arrangements to mould and will decrease their lifespan.
- You should avoid touching the flowers as much as possible. The natural oils on human hands can sometimes cause discolouration or damage to the stems.
- Try to avoid direct sunlight – this can sometimes cause the vibrancy of the flowers to fade; therefore, the dried and preserved flowers should be kept indoors.
- Due to the long-lasting nature of the flowers, they can sometimes get dusty. You can use a feather duster to lightly dust your arrangement or a hairdryer on a cool, low-power setting to remove any dust particles.
How long do preserved flowers last?
If they are looked after correctly, preserved flowers look beautiful and last for up to three years.
Do dried & preserved flowers smell?
Some stems that are preserved in a plant-based product can retain their smells; for example, Eucalyptus keeps its scent that we all know and love. We would not recommend spraying the flowers to add scent, as this could damage your stems. You could add a small drop of essential oils into the arrangement. However, please be aware this may shorten their lifespan.
Why are dried flowers sustainable?
Dried and Preserved flowers are a much more sustainable alternative to fresh flowers for many reasons:
- Unlike the fresh flower industry, dried flower stems are grown outside in fields and therefore not intensely farmed inside a greenhouse, therefore reducing the number of chemicals being transmitted into the environment.
- A dried flower bouquet con last for as long as three years, producing little to no waste. On the other hand, fresh flowers are consistently farmed and then thrown away when they die.
Can I order dried flower arrangements online?
Absolutely! Amarante London can offer a huge variety of colours, flowers and sizes designed by our Head Florist, Maria, inspired by Interior Design and floral trends. Each design is made to order, again ensuring we have no waste.
When will my order arrive?
- Upon checkout, all our clients will be able to select their desired delivery date – all the way from same day to nominated delivery dates using Royal Mail.
- Same day delivery (Mon-Sat) in London, dependant on postcode, prices will vary
- Express delivery - FREE (Mon-Fri) 1-2 working days on all orders
- Next Day delivery (Mon-Fri) Next working day on orders placed before 3pm
- Specified Date delivery (Mon-Fri) Guaranteed delivery on weekday of choice
- Saturday Specified Date delivery (Mon-Fri) Guaranteed delivery on Saturday of choice
- Each customer will receive a confirmation of their order stating which delivery method has been chosen.
NOTE: For Next Day, Specified Date and Saturday Specified Date, delivery is FREE over £150 or £4.99
Do you ship dried flowers overseas?
Yes! Amarante London delivers beautiful preserved floral arrangements all across the world. We can offer both tracked and standard international with DHL. International orders often reach their destination within 1-3 working days.
How are the dried flowers packaged?
Our Dried Flower bouquets are lovingly wrapped in protective paper, finished with a satin ribbon and tied securely into our packaging boxes. Our packaging technique stops the flowers from moving and avoids damage. The Dried Flower stems then have tissue paper placed on the top for another layer of protection.
Each order comes with a care card, so all our clients will receive information on how to look after their dried flower bouquet.
Do dried flowers have a special meaning?
Lots of people are choosing to buy preserved flowers because of their low environmental impact. They are very on-trend and are much more sustainable than fresh flowers.
They can be used to dress a wedding or any other significant event and then be kept as a reminder of the day and act as a special keepsake. Flowers carry a lot of sentimental value, and drying the stems out is the best way to keep them for a long time.
Can I place dried flowers outside?
As mentioned, we do not recommend keeping them. Firstly, due to any moisture or humidity in the air, which may cause the stems to mould, and secondly, very bright sunlight will cause the colours to fade.
Do you offer same-day delivery for dried flowers?
Yes! Amarante London is proud to announce we are currently able to deliver same-day within London – please enquire at checkout or call our Customer Service team who can assist you with this. Prices may vary due to postal code.
I’m seeking a dried flower arrangement as a gift. What would you recommend?
A Dried Flower arrangement is a beautiful gift to dress the home for any occasion. We would always recommend a gift that will go nicely with the décor in the recipient's home or office. You could choose a colour that will match perfectly, e.g. Fallen Leaves Medium for a warm orange living room. You might consider a colour that will contrast to add a pop of colour to the home, e.g. Field Day in a yellow room.
I would like to purchase a dried flower bouquet as a gift. Can I add a card message?
Of course – we offer a free gift message with each dried flower bouquet that will be packaged beautifully within the box.
I am buying dried flowers as a gift. Will the receipt be in the box?
No, prices will be shown on the website and on your order confirmation/receipt only. We do not add invoices or receipts into your box, so your loved one will not know the bouquet's price.
Do you offer Wedding flowers?We are excited to announce that we are currently busy working on a Dried and Preserved Flower wedding collection, due to launch this summer! Be sure to join our mailing list to be informed of the latest releases.
Do dried flowers give you hay fever?
Luckily for any hay fever sufferers, dried flower arrangements do not contain pollen! All the live particles that cause the hay fever will have dried out, so they are safe for all to have indoors.
Do you have a Dried Flower Returns policy?
As every Dried Flower bouquet is made to order, we can unfortunately not accept returns or exchanges unless the product is damaged. If we accept a refund, the bouquet will need to come back to us within its original packaging box.